Bourbon Honey Pecan Pie
- Pie plate
- Mixing bowl
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- 3 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 pie crust unbaked, see note
- whipped cream optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chopped pecans into the prepared pie crust.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, honey, melted butter, eggs, and bourbon. Stir well until all are combined well.
- Pour honey bourbon mixture over pecans in pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. When pie is done, the pecans will become slightly browned on top. Note: cover the pie crust with foil when it begins to turn golden brown.