Last updated on February 17th, 2022 at 09:38 pm
Cheesy Sausage and Potato Soup
- 1 Pressure Cooker
- 1 Chef's Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Immersion blender
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1.5 pounds Carrots, chopped
- 2.5 pounds Potatoes, chopped
- 14 ounces Smoked Sausage, diced
- 2 cups Chicken, cooked and diced
- 8 cups Chicken broth low sodium or no sodium (Bone Broth Recipe here)
- 1 teaspoon Salt omit salt if using Velveeta
CHOOSE Only ONE type of Cheese:
The Cheesy Part–Real Food Choice–Easy
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
OR–The Cheesy Part–Convenient Choice–Easier
- 16 ounces Velveeta Cheese
- Turn Instant Pot on to Sauté mode.
- Pour broth into pot and add all chopped veggies and meat.
- Place lid on Instant Pot. Check to make sure Pressure Release Valve is set to <Sealing>.
- Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Press <Start> or wait for Instant Pot to beep, signaling that cooking has begun.
- While soup is cooking, allow cream cheese OR Velveeta to warm to room temperature.
- When pressure cooking time is finished, release the pressure from the pot by turning the Pressure Release Valve to <Venting>. Stay near the pot to close the valve if soup comes out the top.
The Creamy, Cheesy Part
- After pressure is completely released from the Instant Pot, open the lid carefully.
- If you're using Cream Cheese, remove about 2 ½ cups of hot broth from pot into a heat-safe glass bowl. Add cream cheese, ground mustard, paprika, and salt. Blend carefully with the immersion blender. Pour back into soup pot. Stir well. Taste and serve!
- If you're using Velveeta or another brand of melting cheese loaf, cut 16oz. of the cheese into 1-inch cubes. After the broth, veggies, and meat are cooked and lid is opened, carefully place cheese pieces into the pot. Close lid for about two minutes. Come back and stir well until the soup is smooth and creamy. Taste and serve!