Last updated on December 30th, 2021 at 10:05 pm
Bourbon Honey Pecan Pie
The flavors of honey and bourbon take pecan pie from delicious to out-of-this-world!
- Pie plate
- Mixing bowl
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- 3 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 pie crust unbaked, see note
- whipped cream optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chopped pecans into the prepared pie crust.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, honey, melted butter, eggs, and bourbon. Stir well until all are combined well.
- Pour honey bourbon mixture over pecans in pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. When pie is done, the pecans will become slightly browned on top. Note: cover the pie crust with foil when it begins to turn golden brown.
Note on pie crust: One of my biggest inner conflicts in cooking is Pie Crust. I am a foodie purist and I love making food from scratch. But pie crust has been a challenge for me. We have found a recipe that we love, and it is loaded with real butter and lard! So, even though I continue to try to make real pie dough at least once a year, I have found the store-bought rolled out pie crust to be a pretty darn good substitute and certainly is much easier and less likely to mess up the pie. Plus it’s a lot faster, and you can make a yummy pie in less than twenty minutes! The rolled out pie crust usually comes in a box of two in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, near the refrigerated biscuit dough in the pop-open cans.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 498kcalCarbohydrates: 67gProtein: 5gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 338mgPotassium: 106mgFiber: 2gSugar: 55gVitamin A: 332IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!