You won’t believe how easy it is to have a mouth-watering side dish!
Bacon Cheddar Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker
- Potato Masher
- Cheese Shredder
- Measuring Cup
- 3 pounds potatoes I prefer red potatoes, but any kind will work.
- 1½ teaspoons Magic Flavor Dust
- 1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon 1 pound of bacon, cooked yields about 1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 4 ounces equals about 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 green onions, finely chopped optional, but recommended
Cook the Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Place potatoes in the Instant Pot insert.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- After checking the silicon ring, close lid.
- Make sure the valve is set to [Sealing].
- Select the [Pressure Cook] or [Manual] program.
- Make sure pressure level is set to [High] pressure.
- Adjust pressure cooking time to 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of the individual potatoes.
Make the Mashed Potatoes
- Allow potatoes to Natural Release for 3-5 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure from the pot and open the lid facing away from you, avoiding hot steam reaching your face.
- Sprinkle Magic Flavor Dust over the potatoes and mash with potato masher. No need to drain the cooking liquid, as it will all be absorbed by the potatoes.
- Add bacon and stir while mashing more.
- Add cheddar cheese and incorporate into potatoes.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Taste and adjust seasoning by adding additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve.