Last updated on September 21st, 2018 at 05:45 pm
Several years ago, we were at Carrabba’s and I had their Sausage Lentil Soup. It was so good! I’ve spent the last few years trying to re-create it, and I think we’ve finally got it really close! I love working up recipes because I get to eat the results. 😉
Tools Used in this Recipe
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, browned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 stalks celery, diced
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 lb. lentils, sorted and rinsed (“sorting” means looking through the dried lentils and picking out any rocks or sticks that may have come from the field)
- Diced tomatoes, 14 oz can
- 8 cups (2 quarts) unsalted or low sodium chicken stock (Here’s our method for homemade Bone Broth)
- Salt to taste
Detailed Newbie Instant Pot Instructions:
- Close lid of Instant Pot. Check valve and make sure it is on <Sealing>.
- Turn off Instant Pot if it’s still on Saute mode.
- Turn Instant Pot ON to <Soup> program.
- Adjust the time to 15 minutes at high pressure by pressing <+> or <-> on the front of your Instant Pot.
- Allow Pot to Natural release for at least 10 minutes.
- Stir well and taste. Add any needed salt and pepper to taste. A splash of Tabasco really hits the spot!
Stove Top Instructions: