- Pressure Cooker
- Food Processor
- Cutting Board
- Egg bite molds or ramekins or custard cups
- Pressure Cooker Trivet
Dry Ingredients to Process First
- 3 oz. rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon Magic Flavor Dust See recipe on TheCookingFamily.com
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
Aromatic Vegetables to Process
- ¼ cup onion, rough chopped About half of one small onion equals about a quarter cup.
- ¼ cup carrot, rough chopped About half of one average carrot equals about a quarter cup.
- ¼ cup bell pepper, rough chopped About a quarter of one medium bell pepper equals about a quarter cup.
- ¼ cup celery, rough chopped About a half of one stalk of celery equals about a quarter cup.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 8 oz. pork sausage or breakfast sausage
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- few drops Worcestershire sauce
- few drops hot sauce
- few drops liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons honey
Process the dry ingredients
- Measure oats, black pepper, cayenne pepper, Magic Flavor Dust, chili powder, and dried thyme into the bowl of a food processor. Process well until oats are ground and ingredients are well-combined. Place into a large mixing bowl.
Process the aromatic veggies.
- Place onion, carrot, celery, bell pepper, and garlic into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until all are finely chopped, but not puréed. Place in large mixing bowl with spice mixture.
Mix it all together.
- Add ground beef, sausage, and egg to the mixing bowl with the spices and aromatics. Gently mix together well with hands.
Cook the meatloaf bites.
- Prepare eggbite molds by spraying with cooking spray.
- Using a small scoop or a spoon, place meatloaf mixture into eggbite molds and form the meatloaf bites.
- Pour 1½ cups water into Instant Pot insert. Place trivet into pot. Place eggbite molds on top of trivet, stacking in an offset manner so the top loaves aren't sitting directly on top of the bottom ones.
- Check the sealing ring placement and close the lid of the Instant Pot. Make sure the Steam Release valve is set to [Sealing].
- Choose the [Pressure Cook] or [Manual] or [Meat/Stew] cooking program.
- Set pressure level to [High] pressure, if your model has High and Low pressure options.
- Set pressure cooking time to 10 minutes by pressing the [+] and [-] buttons.
- Wait for Instant Pot to beep and start cooking, or press [Start] to begin the pressure cooking process.
- When pressure cooking time ends, allow pot to Naturally Release for 5 minutes before releasing remaining pressure.
- Mix together all ingredients for the Awesome Sauce and brush on top of finished Meatloaf Bites or serve as a dipping sauce.