- Handheld Propane Torch
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 cups cream
- 5 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup sugar divided use
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla divided use
- Combine cream, egg yolks, ⅓ cup of the sugar, salt, and 1 tsp of the vanilla with a whisk.
- Divide the cream mixture evenly into the ramekins.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker.
- Cover each ramekin tightly with aluminum foil. Place the ramekins in your pressure cooker on a trivet.
- Close the lid. Set the steam release valve to [Sealing].
- Choose the [Manual] or [Pressure Cook] function. Change the pressure to [Low Pressure]. Use the [+] and [-] buttons or turn the dial to set the time to 13 minutes.
- Once the cook time is ended, let the pressure cooker naturally release for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, set the steam release valve to [Venting]. When the float valve has dropped, open the lid.
- Combine remaining sugar and vanilla in small bowl.
- Put ramekins in fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove foil from ramekins and sprinkle 1 tbsp of the sugar mixture on each ramekin.
- Turn on the propane torch. Holding a ramekin in one hand, torch the sugar until brown and carmelized. Repeat for each ramekin.
- Eat and enoy!