- 1.5 pounds ground beef ground turkey, chicken, or other ground meat optional
- 1 cup onion, diced 1 medium onion equals about 1 cup diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced can use frozen, jarred, or powdered garlic
- 1 pound fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces egg noodles Many noodles come in a 17.6 oz bag, which is also fine.
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces dry vermouth or cream sherry, optional
- 4 Tablespoons butter
To be added after pressure cooking
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup dry vermouth or cream sherry, optional
- Turn Instant Pot on [Sauté]. Place ground beef in and break it up while browning it.
- Add onion and salt, and stir together well.
- Sprinkle in nutmeg and caraway seeds. Stir together, then add garlic.
- Toss mushrooms in and stir together, sauteeing lightly.
- Add noodles in the pot. Pour broth and vermouth over all. Place butter on top.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and close.
- Check to make sure Steam Release Valve is set to [Sealing].
- Choose the [Pressure Cook] program.
- Check to make sure Pressure Level is set to [High Pressure].
- Consult instructions on package of noodles for recommended cook time. Cut the lowest time in half and round odd numbers down. This is the amount of time you will set the Instant Pot to cook under pressure. For example, if noodle package says 11-13 minutes, you would divide 11 in half, which gives you 5.5, and round down to a 5-minute pressure cook time. Press the [+] or [-] buttons to adjust the pressure cook time to 5 minutes.
- When Instant Pot is finished cooking, Quick Release the pressure. Stay nearby while it is releasing and be prepared to quickly close the valve if any starchy liquid spews out. Do not panic or move the Instant Pot while it is under pressure.
- When all the pressure has been released from the Instant Pot, the float valve will drop, indicating that it is safe to open the pot. Open the pot. Add sour cream and vermouth, if desired. Stir together well to incorporate all ingredients. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy!