Egg Bites in the Instant Pot
A yummy and quick breakfast that you can make ahead and take anywhere.
- Pressure Cooker
- Silicone Egg Bite Molds or Muffin Cups that can fit in an Instant Pot
- 7 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon mix-ins, such as crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, sauteéd veggies, caramelized onions, etc.
- Butter eggbite molds to keep the eggbites from sticking.
- Add mix-ins to each egg cup.
- Place eggs, cream cheese, cream, and salt into blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared egg cups. If too foamy, allow to settle for a few minutes.
- Place trivet and 1 to 1½ cups water in Instant Pot insert.
- Set eggbite molds on top of trivet. The molds can be stacked, but for best results, make sure top mold is off-set and not covering lower mold. Alternatively, use a taller trivet for the second silicone mold.
- Close lid of Instant Pot and make sure steam release valve is set to [Sealing].
- Choose the Pressure Cook program and select [Egg] setting.
- Adjust pressure level to [Low] pressure by pressing the Pressure Level button or selecting the Pressure Level on the dial.
- Adjust pressure cooking time to 5 minutes by pressing [+] or [-] OR by selecting pressure cooking time with the knob and turning to select the desired time.
- Press [Start] or wait for pot to beep and begin heating up.
- When pressure cooking time is over, allow eggbites to naturally release for 3 minutes and then release remaining pressure while keeping hands and face away from steam.
- Remove lid carefully, allowing steam to go away from your face and avoiding allowing condensation from the lid dripping onto eggbites.
- Serve hot or refrigerate to enjoy later!
Calories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 10gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 285mgSodium: 401mgPotassium: 133mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 971IUCalcium: 71mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!