- Pressure Cooker
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, ground or links links may be used, but should be pre-cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional, if meat is very lean
- 1 cup onion diced
- 8 cloves garlic minced, fresh
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 12 oz. kale frozen, chopped or fresh, chopped
- 2 lbs. potatoes sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces cooked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt salt to taste
- Brown Italian Sausage and onion on [Sauté] mode in your Instant Pot.
- When onion is almost clear, add garlic and stir for one minute. Set a timer if you need to–you don't want your garlic to burn.
- Pour chicken broth into pot. Add kale, potato slices, and bacon to pot.
- Check lid to make sure silicone sealing ring is in place, and place lid on Instant Pot.
- Set Steam Release Valve to [Sealing] to pressure cook.
- Set Instant Pot to [Pressure Cook] or [Manual] mode.
- Adjust pressure cooking time to 3 minutes under pressure by pressing the [+] or [-] buttons.
- Start the Instant Pot by pausing for ten seconds to wait for Instant Pot to turn on, OR if you have a machine with a Start button, such as Ultra, press [Start].
- Pot will heat up, come to pressure, and begin to count down. After pressure cooking time is finished, the Instant Pot will switch to Keep Warm mode and begin counting up.
- Quick Release the pressure from the Pot by turning the Steam Release Valve to [Venting]. Hot steam will begin to pour out, so make sure to keep hands and face away.
- Stir in cream and red pepper flakes, if using. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!