Flourless Chocolate Mini-Cakes in the Instant Pot
- Pressure Cooker
- Oven-Safe Ramekins
- Trivet for Pressure Cooker
- ½ cup butter or 1 stick butter or 4 oz. butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I use 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- orange oil or raspberry extract, optional
- Prepare ramekins by spraying with non-stick spray or buttering the inside of the dishes.
- Gently melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. Use 50% power for 1-minute increments, stirring in between. Do not hurry this step.
- Once butter and chocolate are completely melted, stir in powdered sugar and cocoa until well-combined.
- Mix in eggs, yolk, and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Add additional flavoring, if desired.
- Spoon batter evenly into six prepared ramekins.
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot insert.
- Place ramekins on trivet in Instant Pot, stacking a second layer on top of the first.
- Close lid of Instant Pot, and check steam release valve to make sure it is set to [Sealing].
- Choose [Pressure Cook] or [Manual] program.
- Select [Low] pressure if possible.
- Adjust pressure cook time to 5 minutes by pressing the [+] or [-] buttons.
- Instant Pot will heat up, come to pressure, count down the 5 minutes, and then beep. Being careful to keep hands and face away from hot steam, quick release the pressure by turning steam release valve to [Venting].
- Once float valve has dropped, carefully open the Instant Pot, pointing the lid away from you. Use tongs and hot pads to carefully remove the hot ramekins. Invert mini-cakes on individual plates and serve. Enjoy with ice cream or whipped cream!